Unfortunately, we don't keep our youthful tight, wrinkle-free skin forever. We can shout so loudly that this is part of getting older. And someone else's slightly sagging skin with the first or several wrinkles may not bother you at all. But if you notice your first wrinkles, droopy eyelids or sagging skin, it is often a bit of a shock.
From the fact that there is an increasing demand for procedures with botox and fillers, it seems that we are having more and more trouble with skin aging. Even young people between the ages of 18 and 25 already have botox injected against wrinkles... In this blog the causes of skin sagging, how we can slow it down and what we can do about it without the use of surgical procedures, botox or fillers.
How does sagging skin occur? Natural skin aging
From your 25th/30th year of life, cell metabolism in your skin slows down. From the age of 40, the amount of estrogen in your body also decreases. Your skin becomes thinner and weaker and gets less volume. The sagging arises from your 'second' layer of skin - the dermis. This determines how our skin looks.
Your top layer of skin is called the epidermis. Your skin barrier. This is a kind of wall that protects us against unwanted intruders from the outside and ensures that we do not lose too much moisture.
The layer below is called the dermis. The dermis contains collagen and elastin fibers (proteins). Together they form the connective tissue. Which provides firmness to your skin. When your skin is young, it contains many, tightly packed, nicely organized collagen fibers. Older skin contains much less collagen fibers, which are also spread apart. Which gives a weaker connective tissue (and more wrinkles). Fewer collagen fibers are both because fewer fibers are produced and that they are broken down faster.
Reducing fat tissue and muscle volume also causes your skin to 'hang' more.
How does sagging skin occur? External factors
In addition to intrinsic aging, external factors such as air pollution, UV light and an unhealthy lifestyle also play a role in skin slackening. Air pollution causes the production of free radicals. Which accelerate the process of decreasing collagen fibers.
Smoking, chronic stress, too little sleep and exercise, alcohol or too high a sugar intake are lifestyle factors that promote sagging of your skin.
Due to too little sleep or chronic stress, your body produces more cortisol, which stops or seriously reduces your collagen production.
Smoking is bad for your skin in every way. It robs the amount of antioxidants in your skin, which protect your skin against free radicals. But also on the vitamin C needed for collagen production.
Excessive sugar intake causes blood sugars to attach to proteins and form so-called AGEs. These ensure that the condition of your collagen deteriorates quickly.
Happiness with dark skin
If you have darker skin, you're in luck! Because the upper skin layer is thicker and the skin contains more pigment, it is less sensitive to external factors that cause skin aging. The dark skin also contains more and larger collagen production stimulating cells. These factors can delay skin aging for 10-20 years.
How can you delay skin sagging?You can do this yourself:
- Avoid overexposure to UV rays
- Use sun protection products.
- Moving to a country/area with less air pollution ;-)
- Adjust your lifestyle.
Start using collagen-building supplements (nutri cosmetics) to strengthen / strengthen your connective tissue, from the moment your own collagen production decreases. Around your 25th or 30th. Did you miss that moment? Then any age after that!
Reduce existing sagging skin
If you notice that your skin has become weaker, there are fortunately natural ways to make it firmer again:
- Collagen building supplements (nutri cosmetics).
- Or nutricosmetics that, in addition to collagen, also replenish your hyalyronic acid , so that you regain volume in your face in addition to firmness.
- A cosmetic connective tissue massage treatment also strengthens your skin. You can read more information here . Or watch the demo video below.
View this post on Instagram
- If you want a more profound effect (clearing blockages, stress reduction), try a Cosmetic acupuncture treatment . The natural anti-aging secret of Doutzen Kroes.
- A combination of collagen-building supplements + cosmetic connective tissue massage or cosmetic acupuncture. Our skin measurements show that this has more effect than choosing one of the two.
- Cosmetic products, food or supplements with collagen-building ingredients such as vitamin A (retinol or retinyl ingredients) or provitamin A that stimulate vitamin A production in your skin (carotenes, for example)
- Cosmetic products, food or supplements with ingredients such as vitamin C that counteracts the formation of free radicals.
- Cosmetic products or supplements with peptides that stimulate collagen production.
- Collagen light
- Microneedling where micro perforations / small injuries are made in the skin that release growth factors in your skin, stimulating collagen and elastin production. Personally, I am more in favor of collagen building through nutricosmetics supplements.
What's not working?
Buying a collagen cream to put on your skin doesn't seem very useful. Pure collagen is too large to pass through your skin barrier. And whether nanoparticles are so healthy to insert is the question. Pure cosmetics brands do not use these.
Pure products that work
Favorite products from us to tackle your sagging skin or prevent sagging - click on the link (product names below the image below) to learn more about or purchase the product.
- LaVieSage SkinBase (connective tissue reinforcement from within)
- Hynt Beauty Vitamin C Ester
- Dr Baumann SkinIdent Liposome Vitamin *
- dr Baumann Ampoule Vitamin A *
- Hynt SunPrep SPF 25
* from Dr Baumann, only users are allowed to buy products from Dr Baumann in the webshop or in accordance with our advice. Call us on 035 691 08 83.
Sources : https://zorgen.nl/2020/07/01/zorgen-om-forse-toename-cosmetische-interventions-bij-jongeren/; Esthe journal, LaVieSage