The Flavourites newsletter of November 18, 2019 contained the following question that had to be answered correctly to be in with a chance of winning a prize.
Which three questionable ingredients that are in most play makeup sets and / or children's nail polish, are not in those of INDISHA ?
- Shea butter, hyaluronic acid, formaldehyde
- Parrafinum liquidum, parabens, acetates
- Iron oxides, tocopherol, stevia
- Shea Butter: Or Shea Butter. A nourishing, restorative and protective butter from the nut of the Karite tree. This grows in Africa and is also called butter tree.
- Hyaluronic acid: a skin's own moisturizing super ingredient. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water. That is gradually released into the skin.
- Formaldehyde : is a toxic ingredient. It is carcinogenic and an irritant to skin, lungs and eyes. Most regular nail polishes contain formaldehyde
- Paraffinum liquidum: a cheap residue from the oil industry. Close your skin so that it can no longer perform its natural (protective) function. And the skin dries out. Which means you have to lubricate more and more product. Paraffinum liquidum also often contains the carcinogenic substances MOSH (mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons) and MOAH (mineral oil automatic hydrocarbons). Paraffinum liquidum is found in many cosmetic products such as body milks, lip balms and facial creams.
- Parabens: preservatives that can mess up your hormone system.
- Acetates: Such as butyl or ethyl acetate. These are skin irritants, which are in most nail polishes. Also those for kids!
- Iron oxides: natural minerals that are used as coloring agents for (pure) cosmetic products.
- Tocopherol: vitamin E. It is a strong anti-oxidant with a UV protective factor.
- Stevia: a plant whose leaf extract is increasingly used as an alternative sweetener for sugar.