O My Bag
'The Bag you carry tells a story, let it be a good one.' O My Bag makes a difference in the (bag) world by having its bags made 'clean'. Designed in Amsterdam. Fair trade made in India, with naturally tanned leather - without chemicals. And from 2021 also a vegan collection.
How sustainable is O My Bag?
Super durable! O My Bag is constantly looking at how it can further improve its food print. What does she do?
- Leather comes from hides of cows that are just old or slaughtered for consumption. Skin that would otherwise be thrown away.
- After a long search, O My Bag has found a vegan leather alternative that is sustainably produced, made from apple waste + of the same high quality as animal leather.
- Tanning of the leather is natural, without the heavy chemicals such as chromium, formaldehyde, heavy metals, which are normally used. Efficient use of water and energy.
- 100% GOTS certified organic cotton is used for the canvas bags or linings
- A close relationship with the workshops in India that make the bags. O My Bag employees even visit the people of the studios.
- The bags are of good quality, so they last a long time.
- Are you no longer using your O My Bag bag? Hand it in & O My Bag sells it as a vintage bag. You will receive a 20% discount coupon for a new bag.
- Need minor repairs? Bring your bag & OMyBag will repair it for free or for a small fee.
- All packaging materials are made from recycled paper.
- CO 2 emissions from production and transport are continuously monitored, compensated and reduced where possible.
- O My Bag gives part of its income back to local projects in India aimed at 'woman empowerment' and education.
What makes the O My Bag products special?
High-quality bags, where sustainability is integrated into all aspects of business operations. Like it makes a lot of sense! But what few companies do.
O My Bag founder Pauline
Founder Pauline did an internship at Foreign Affairs as a student of International Relations. But working among the officials in a dark gray building was not where she saw her future. And where she could use her creativity. She was 25 years old when she founded O My Bag. With O My Bag she works on development cooperation in her own way - by providing work in India + entering into a sustainable trade relationship. That worked!